All papers should be 2-6 pages long (in PDF format) following the ACM proceedings format. LaTeX and Word templates are available at: http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template. Submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least three members of the program committee. We plan to publish the papers as CEUR Workshop Proceedings.
Please submit your papers in PDF format through: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gamifir2016
Topics of Interest
In this workshop we want to discuss and learn from planned and already executed studies and utilization of Gamification. Therefore we invite the submission of position papers as well as novel research papers and demos addressing problems related to Gamification in IR. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Gamification approaches in a variety of contexts, including document annotation and ground-truth generation; interface design; information seeking; user modelling; knowledge sharing
- Gamification in Crowdsourcing
- Gamification to IR teaching
- Gamification in recommender systems and apps
- User engagement and motivational factors of Gamification
- Player types, contests, cooperative Gamification
- Long-term engagement
- Search challenges
- Gamification design
- Applied game principles, elements and mechanics
Submissions from outside the core IR community and from industry are actively encouraged.